Welcome to Hartshill Medical Centre Online
We are a group practice with three full-time GPs and two part-time GPs providing a high standard of medical care to the population of Hartshill. Patients are welcome to see the doctor of their choice, but we would prefer if you would see the same doctor until a particular problem has resolved. We have a full complement of reception and clerical staff and our attached staff include Health Visitor, District Nursing Team, Community Midwife and Community Psychiatric Team.
Our new building is single storey, all consulting and examination rooms are situated on the ground floor therefore providing full accessibility for disabled patients. We have a large car park for use by visitors to the Medical Centre only. If visiting the centre, please use our car park rather than parking in Ashwell Road as this is causing problems for our neighbours. A token is required from reception to exit the car park.
For patients with hearing difficulties and use of a text phone, you may contact the surgery by dialling 18001 0300 1231893.
For urgent medical assistance when we are closed, please dial 0300 123 1893 and listen to the full message
A Change of Face at Hartshill Medical Centre
After 25 years as a GP in Hartshill I have decided to retire at the end of October. This has not been an easy decision to come to but after a lot a thought now seems to be the right time. I have had a most enjoyable and satisfying time here and have met many wonderful people who will remain in my memory for ever.
It is my pleasure to introduce Dr Milan Mehta as my successor.
Milan has been working as a locum in the Midlands for some time and many of you will know him already. He is an excellent and conscientious Doctor and after recently marrying has decided to settle here in Stoke-on-Trent.
With the recent move to new premises and this excellent appointment I am confident the Practice will continue to grow and provide a high quality service in the future.
Best wishes to you all
Dr Andrew Dent
- IMPORTANT: for more information about your clinical records and the General Practice Extraction Service (GPES), please see Further Information/Section 9 Care Data
- Flu Vaccinations are available from October. If you are over 65, suffer from asthma, diabetes, heart disease, are pregnant or a carer, you are eligible for a flu vaccination. Please contact reception for an appointment.
- NEW : Children aged 2-3 are now eligibile for flu protection following the introduction of a national flu protection programme for children. More details are available from reception.
- NEW :Shingles Vaccination : If your date of birth is between 2/9/33 - 1/9/34 or 2/9/42 - 1/9/43, you are eligible for a shingles vaccination - contact reception for more information and an appointment
- CQC - As from 01/04/13 we have registered with the CQC (Care Quality Commission) and we will be visited by their inspectors. They will be asking patients how they feel, interpret the care they receive and how they feel about their surroundings. In anticipation, may we thank you for any comments you wish to make.
Finally a reminder that there is a one-way traffic system in place at the surgery. Entry to the site is via Ashwell Road and exit is via the barrier leading to Hartshill Road, for which you will need a token from reception. This was part of the Highways plan to reduce the amount of traffic and congestion on Ashwell Road and felt to be a safer option.
Hartshill Surgery Annual Survey 2013
Our annual survey was carried out in October & November 2012 and we would like to thank all patients and members of the Hartshill Patient Group who took time to contribute to the survey and analyse the results. Overall the results were very pleasing and your comments have been fed back to our team. For more details of our survey, please click here
If you would like to be involved in future surveys to improve the services in the surgery, please email us your details or alternatively leave your details at reception in preparation for next year.
(Site updated 01/11/2013)